Diary writing

wimpy

We have been looking at the features of diary entries in literacy so far this week and the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Thinking about the ‘Cheese Touch’ as a starting point, we have done our first diary entries. What features do you need to include in your writing?

Tags:

2 Responses to “Diary writing”

1. Mrs Monaghan Says:

Dear Class 11 @Hopwood,
    I have been reading your diary entries and I love them! They are so funny and engaging, and I notice that you are all using the first person to write your work. In addition, I am super-impressed with your neat handwriting – on the entries that are hand written. Well done! We have been reading some stories which are written like diaries in A Room with a View, too. We have been reading Private Peaceful and Kensuke’s Kingdom. They both have diary style entries in them, and we had a go at writing an entry ourselves. I think Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a great choice for diary writing – all my class love those books!
    Regards
    Mrs Monaghan
    A Room with a View (Y5/6)

2. hopwoodcp Says:

Thank you for your comments and visiting our blog Mrs Monaghan. We enjoyed writing our Diary of a Wimpy kid entries and we watched a short clip on the cheese touch too to make sure everyone was familiar with the story line.
    Mrs Simpson and Class 11